Well… several things:
• Becoming a published author is one of the highest forms credibility, your leadership and willingness to give back will matter to people.
• You’ll have a unique sales tool that can be leveraged in many ways: You can sell copies of your book when you speak, give copies away to prospects, clients, and colleagues to introduce them to you and your brand, or use your book for lead gen to give to referrals. Your chapter becomes a very effective positioning tool by nature of the project.
• You will be fulfilling your Personal Social Responsibility (PSR - the new philanthropy for individuals) at its finest, as copies of the book will be donated to schools, non-profits and market segments of women from your contribution and through sponsors buying bulk order that will also be donated.
• You will have a perpetual marketing campaign working for you every time one of the other contributors sells, or gives a copy of the book to someone. So, for your nominal marketing investment to "help get the word out," the other women featured in the book become sales people working for you, getting you exposure as long as the book is in print!
• Lastly, you will be set apart standing out from your competitors no matter what industry they’re in.